Professor Michael Sankey is currently the Deputy Director of Learning Transformations at Griffith University and is also the President of the Australasian Council on Open, Distance and eLearning (ACODE) and Director of the ACODE Learning Technologies Leadership Institute. His research focuses on technology enhanced learning, academic staff and leadership development, benchmarking in higher education, the use of social media in learning, and teaching and how blended learning environments can enhance student learning opportunities, particularly when studying online. He has worked in higher education for over 29 years and is an active member of the Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE), the Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA), a life member of the International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA).
Fields of Interest
Technology enhanced learning, leadership, academic professional development, curriculum renewal, e-learning pedagogies, instructional design, quality systems, benchmarking, multimodal design, social media, learning analytics, distance and online learning, visual & multi literacy and learning styles.
Welcome to my ePortfolio site. Here you will find information about my professional practice and interests. The navigation at the top of the page will take you to my Academic CV, list of my publications, an aggregation of my blogs, a list of my consultancies, links you to my images and a page of my links to resources. See also the links to my social networking sites, where you will find a range of resources that further link to my professional interests of education and photography.
- President and Institutional Representative, Australasian Council of Open, Distance and eLearning (ACODE).
- Member, Australasian Society for Computers in Learning in Tertiary Education (ASCILITE).
- Life Member, International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA).
- Member, Higher Education Research and Development Society of Australasia (HERDSA).
- Author member, Copyright Agency Limited (CAL).
- Academic CV, including employment history and associations
- Publications and professional presentations
- A syndication of some of my Blogs
- Consultancies and professional activities
- Interesting links related to my practice
- Photographic exhibitions and galleries