Theresa Berryman

Theresa Berryman's profile picture

I am currently completing the final Semester of a Bachelor of Education, Primary.  I have been a full time student with USQ for the past four years and now, with the end in sight, I am eager to begin my teaching journey.

Digital Technologies Resources

Tech Tools for Teachers is a free e-Newsletter for teachers.

The following are links to reviewed tech tools, with step by step instructions on how to use them:

• Wallwisher - on-line noticeboard maker for collaboration and communication
  • Wordle - generates word clouds from chosen text
  • Xtranormal Movie Maker - simple animated movies
  • Zuitube - basically YouTube for kids
  • Primary Pad - web-based word processor designed for schools that allows teachers and students to work together in real time
  • Skype - allows you to make video and voice calls over the internet
  • Word Magnet - allows you to change text into tiles like fridge magnets which can be moved around the screen

I have downloaded the Triptico app to my desktop.  It contains the Word Magnet tool as well as some other innovative resources to quickly create engaging interactive learning.

Digital Technologies Report

The purpose of this reflective blog is to share my learning journey in relation to digital technologies and their application in the primary classroom environment.  I will engage with my Personal Learning Network for each of the four phases of the learning activities.

Each reflection will:

• describe the activities in which I engaged during each phase and include links to online resources where appropriate
  • link to relevant sections of the Draft Australian Curriculum: Technologies
  • explain what I have learned through these activities, and
  • comment on potential application of these technologies within a primary classroom setting.

In addition I will keep my PLN up to date on my progress via Twitter.

Technology Education Blog

In addition to this ePortfolio I have created a blog in which I will share a curated collection of resources pertaining to the technology skills, experiences and attitudes required by teachers to be effective Technology Educators.  Please view and comment on my progress at Technology Education.