Dr Karey Harrison

Research

In 1983 I began my doctoral research into the nature of rationality. In this thesis further explored the metaphoric structure of cognition to challenge the pervasive understanding of 'rationality' as 'logical reasoning'.  More ...

Teaching Experience

1992 > ongoing: I have been developing and applying the principles outlined in the Learning Activity above since 1992 in the course I teach on 'Communication & power' at USQ.

July 1989 – May 1990: teaching critical thinking in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point.

July 1987 – June 1989: teaching introductory formal logic; teaching philosophy of mind; a graduate seminar on rationality; and a Mellon Fellow in the Department of Philosophy at Rice University, Houston, Texas.

August 1985 – December 1985: teaching a course on introductory logic in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Maryland at College Park.

1984 – June 1985: teaching a course on the philosophy of inquiry in the Department of Philosophy at the University Of Melbourne.